Florence Hotel La Gioconda Virtual Cards
The Santa Trìnita bridge is the fourth to be constructed: the first one was built in wood, in 1252. On the bridge one could watch the frequent festivities that were carried out on the river. It ruined under the weight of the spectators and was reconstructed in stone, but the flood in 1333 destroyed it again. On a project of the Ammannati, it was rebuilt between 1567 and 1570 with the three beautiful stones-arched of Michelangelo influence. The bombings of the second world war destroyed it again and, finally in 1958, it was brought back to its ancient splendor.