You definitely have to share your data with another person at some time or the other. However, using Bluetooth to share data has been outdated! An application known as SHAREit has taken over Bluetooth’s role in sharing data from one device to another. This is to various reasons. So stay tuned to know more about SHAREit and its features.
What is SHAREit?
SHAREit is one of the best data sharing application. It is one of the world’s most widely used data sharing software! This is due to its compatibility with almost every operating system. SHAREit is available for Android, Windows 10 Mobile, macOS, Windows, and iOS. Also, it supports more than 35 languages which makes it understandable by people from all over the world!
Some unique features of SHAREit include:
1. You can use this software to share data from a device from I’ve operating system to a device from another operating system. This is known as cross platform sharing!
2. You can share any file, belonging to any format and if any size. There is no restriction in sharing data..
3. SHAREit comes with an inbuilt media player which you can use to watch videos or play songs.
4. The transfer speed goes as high as 4 to 6 mbps. When compared to the speed of Bluetooth, the speed if SHAREit is 5 to 6 times higher than that of Bluetooth.
5. It uses the hotspot of one device and the Wi-Fi of another device to share data. However, it does not consume your mobile data.
6. In case of a PC, both your PC and the other device should be connected to the same WiFi network.
How to install SHAREit on PC?
Since a dedicated application is available for every operating system, you not have to make use of any third party software to install SHAREit on your PC.
Step 1- Launch a web browser and go to ‘http://www.ushareit.com/en‘ this link and download SHAREit for your device, based on your operating system.
Step 2- Once downloaded, install it like you install any outrage software on your PC.
You can now launch it and start using SHAREit on your PC.
How to connect your smartphone to your PC over SHAREit?
Step 1- Launch SHAREit on your PC as well as on your Android device. Also, make sure that your Android device and your PC are connected to the same WiFi network.
Step 2- On your Android device, click on the menu slide on the top left corner. From the menu, click on ‘Connect to PC’ which you will find at the top.
Step 3- You can also scan the QR code on your computer with your Android device. Then, click on ‘Accept Request’ pop-up which appears on your smartphone.
By now, you will have successfully connected your Android device to your PC over SHAREit.
How to share files between your Android device and your PC?
Since the basic step of connecting your Android device to your PC over SHAREit is taken care of, let’s understand how to share data between them.
Method 1- On your PC, click on ‘Send’ option. You will notice a dialog box appears on your screen. Use this dialog box to navigate to the location of the file which you wish to share. Then, drag and drop that file from the dialog box to the application on your PC.
Method 2- You can also choose the files from a dialog box and click on ‘Open’ to add that file to the list of files to be shared from your PC to your smartphone.
Method 3- To send files from your smartphone to your PC, follow the same procedure which you execute to share files from one Android device to another.
This is all you need to know about how to connect SHAREit Android app to your SHAREit PC app. If you have any queries regarding this, then please let us know about it in the comments section below.