Normal downloads most of the time do not support pause and resume. This is because some sites have timers built into their servers. It only usually lasts from 1 hour to 12 hours before they change the link again. If you encounter those instances, you will feel bad especially when the file has a huge size. But IDM has a remedy for such scenarios. This article will tell how to resume download in IDM.
Note: This method will work even if you are using IDM Crack. Some people don’t want to buy IDM so they use Crack version. It’s totally ok, As long as you download IDM crack from a trusted site like softalien. Anyhow, Let’s get started.
What happens usually in the background is that the files are already there. It is just not complete yet or basically broken. So the IDM can do something about it by simply downloading all the missing parts and joining them again to become one whole file. All of this is available if you are using the full version of the IDM. If not, you may use our IDM serial keys temporarily.
Although I must clarify that this procedure does not work all the time. At least you have a higher chance of doing this successfully than doing the process again back to zero. It should be fine but if it is a huge file like some gigabytes worth, that would be a weary waiting time. But hey, let’s move on now on how to resume download in IDM.
Resume download in IDM
As mentioned before, there are sites that offer download with limited time session or that their link cannot be requested twice. Good thing IDM has adapted to this issue. Note that this is effective if you are using IDM serial keys to update your software version to full. Here is what you should do.
- Open the IDM window and make sure your internet is ready for a download blast.
- Now right-click on the file that you want to resume the download.
- Click on the “Refresh Download Address”.
- It will prompt about opening the web browser where you initially tried to download the file. Just click OK.
- It will wait for a new link address to resume the download. The waiting usually takes a few seconds to some minutes depending on the website where the link is being generated.
- When it receives the new link, it will notify you. Just hit OK and it will start the download.
- If it does not and failed, IDM will ask you if it is a new link. Just confirm by clicking Yes.
- Your download will now resume properly.
Do you have other questions about IDM? If you do, feel free to leave your queries in the comment section. We will try to respond to your questions or better yet, create an entirely new article if we find it necessary. Your feedback is important to us.